1. When do I need to call a locksmith?
For any type of job that has locks and keys. In a case of an emergency lock out, car lock out or house lock out.
2. Why should I use a professional locksmith company?
You should always use a licensed, bonded and insured locksmith company to ensure that you are getting the job done correctly.
3. I just purchased a new house do i need to re-key my home?
It’s highly recommended to re-key your house locks because when the home was being built the contractors probably had access to your homes key. To ensure you safety you should call a locksmith and have your entire home re-key.
4. I’m renting an apartment should I re-key the locks?
You should re-key the locks to ensure the safety of the house your belongings and to make sure no one else has access to you living space.
5. When do I need to get my house locks changed?
It’s highly recommended to get your house locks changed when you move in to a new home or a new business. Whenever the locks start to have issues or problems always have a professional locksmith install new locks.
6. Should all my house locks operate on the same key?
Yes, they should all be working on the same key. This also prevents a case of a house lock out by mis placing keys.
7. Should I put high security locks on my home or business?
Yes it’s highly recommended to do so, in the case that your home gets broken in to, having high security locks will help keep your home safe.
8 How can I get keys stamped “DO NOT DUPLICATE” duplicated?
You can get them duplicated by a professional locksmith who will verify the ownership of the house or business.
9. Is it legal to carry lock pick tools?
Only a professional locksmith is able to carry lock pick tools.
10. What is a Master Key?
A Master Key is created when a group of locks are custom coded so each lock uses a different key, but a combination is added so one key will open all locks. In a group of locks that are Master-keyed (MK) each lock is operable by both its own individual key and the Master-Key. Each individual key operates its own lock only. The Master-Key operates all the locks in the group. Other systems are also possible using sub-Masters, Grand-Masters, etc. Therefore, maximizing flexibility to suit you. Master key systems can incorporate different.
11. Why should I use a professional locksmith company?
Skilled professional locksmiths bring experience and fund of knowledge in lock, safe & security problems and are better prepared to solve security issues to your unique situation. Professional locksmith can prescribe state-of-the-art products that work, and more effective solutions in an efficient manner.
12. Can you cut keys for different types of locks on site?
We can cut keys for all the locks that we supply and fit on site. We don’t carry every type of key for every type of lock but can cut most vehicles, commercial and domestic keys on site.
13. Does your locksmith give complete service?
Many lock shops concentrate on the selling and installation of hardware. When it comes to servicing that very same hardware, they’re hard to find or make appointments several days later. 247 Wolverhampton Locksmiths will solve your problem that very same day or even in the middle of the night.
14. What should I do in case of a lock out?
In case of a car lock out or a house lock out, it is highly recommended to call a professional locksmith who is will able to help you unlock any door for your home or car.
15. Do you work to any recognised locksmithing standard?
All of the locks that we install or upgrade, will be compliant with BS3621 insurance standards.
16. My door is made from UPVC, and has special locks fitted. Can you still help me?
Yes, we are experienced in working with UPVC doors and windows, and can repair or fit locks that are suitable for use with UPVC.
17. Can you take a look at my locks, and give me some recommendations on what needs to be upgraded?
Yes, we are happy to perform an inspection, and to give you a free quote on the work required to improve your home security
18. My insurance company wants a survey done on my locks and security system, can you help with this?
Yes, we can produce a standard report for your insurance company, once we have performed an inspection on your locks and home security.
19. Do you charge a call out fee, or a minimum fee at all?
No, we don’t charge a call out fee, and the price we charge only for work we carried out, we have no minimum fee.